Image Credit: Iryna Yeroshko | Text Added
I have added a Holiday Sales 2014 tab to the menu. I will list current sales going on this holiday season. The page will be updated regularly. I will also do a post when new sales have been added to the list, to help make you holiday shopping a bit more manageable!
Black Friday NEED TO KNOW Deals
2Modern Save 15% off sitewide Ends December 15th
7 For All Mankind Save 40% off sitewide with code EARLY40
Aerie Take 40% off plus FREE shipping with code GOBBLEUP Ends November 30th PJ Pants are BUY ONE GET ONE
American Eagle Take 40% off plus FREE shipping with code GOBBLEUP Ends November 30th
ASOS 25% off all partywear
BB Dakota Free shipping on EVERY order
Bliss FREE holiday beauty bag with purchase of $100 or more with code GIFT14
Bloomingdale’s Save up to 50% sitewide and take $25 off almost every $200 purchase, plus FREE shipping Ends November 30th Save up to 30% off designer handbags Ends December 7th
Blue & Cream Save up to 15% sitewide Ends November 27th
Boutique to You Save 25% off sitewide with code TDAY25 Ends December 1st
Guess FREE shipping on all orders with code GIVEME Sale items take an extra 50% off
Henri Bendel 20% off $100+. 25% off $200+, 30% off $300 full price plus FREE shipping
Horchow Orders $50 & up get FREE shipping with code HURRY Ends December 9th
J. Crew 305 off full price styles and 40% off sale with code HOLIDAY Ends November 30th
Lord + Taylor Extra 20% off almost everything + extra 25% off sale fine jewelry with code THANKS Ends November 30th
Macy’s Extra 10%, 15% or 20% off plus FREE shipping with code Ends November 26th
Madewell 25% off your entire purchase with code GIFTON Ends November 30th
Nordstrom Up to 40% off plus free shipping
Rebecca Minkoff 25% off orders of $275 or more with code WKNDWIN
SHOPBOB 15% off orders of $250+, 20% off orders of $500, 25% off orders of $1000+ with code GOBIG14 Ends December 1
Smashbox 25% off when you spend $50+ with code HOLIDAY14
Splendid 30% off at checkout with code EARLYBIRD
Steve Madden 20% off $100 or 25% off $125 plus FREE shipping with code TURKEY Online Only Deal
Swell Free 2-day shipping on orders $18 and over
What sale are you looking forward to most?
I have had several attempts at blogging since the end of 2010. But none of them ever seem to stick. I would get really good and blog regularly but at one point I kind of just fell off the face of the earth. Whether I thought of a better name or I wanted to go in a new direction, nothing ever seemed good enough. Nothing ever seemed like a good fit.
So I relaunched Peace Love Sequins at the beginning of this year with the intention of becoming a successful blogger. Now success means different things to different people, so here is what I consider a success. I want to brush up on my coding skills and code my own layout (Completed, even though a few things need fixing), I want to create my own online shop to go with my blog, I want to make new connections (I am generally a shy person, it seems a little easier online), I want to be a contributing part of the blogging community, and I would love to have a supplementary income (whether it comes from sponsors, an online shop or freelancing design or social media services).
I think all of those are pretty reasonable goals, but here is the thing. Once again I have not put in the work to make that happen. I had the perfect time too, when I was out of a job for two months. Funny thing is, those two months were probably my quietest months this year! Strange how that works out.
So this November I committed to National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo). It started off pretty good, but then my efforts started to slip. So this is what I realized, I need to get back to why I started blogging in the first place.
I originally started blogging back in 2010 because I wanted a way to get my voice out there. I wanted a creative outlet , I wanted the opportunity to learn skills that weren’t being taught in school and have the opportunity to build my resume,and ultimately I wanted to connect with people who share my passions, who share the craziness of wanting to blog.
I plan on sharing more personal or more though thought provoking posts on this blog than in the past. I will still share awesome outfits and shopping posts, because I am a little fashion obsessed even if my wardrobe doesn’t always show that.
Here is to getting back to blogging for the right reasons! And why you should start a blog!
1. Use it as a creative outlet. Do you like to write, draw, craft, etc.? Share them online. Or just use it as a personal journal. There are many bloggers who blog to share stories about college adventures, traveling, their pets, their kids and even being a military wife. The possibilities are endless.
2. It will improve your writing. To be better at anything you must practice. Blogging is a way of putting your thoughts down on “paper”. Most don’t go in to blogging with the intention of improving their writing, but it just naturally happens. Actually, some people have creative writing blogs. I’ve even seen someone blog a “book”, one chapter each blog post.
3. You’ll meet new people. You can meet a ton of new people through blogging. People you may have never met otherwise. The great thing about blogging is it connects you with people all over the world. You may even have the chance to go to a blogger event or a blogging conference and meet the amazing people you interact with online in person! The blogging community as a whole is such a supportive and encouraging community. We all want each other to succeed.
4. It’s free. Starting on Blogger or on the hosted WordPress site is completely free. So you have nothing to lose!
5. You feel great when you receive a positive comment. When someone connects with what you write and is supportive and/or relates with you, it is such a great feeling.
6. You might be able to make extra money. Not everyone makes money blogger, and in fact not everyone wants to make money from their blog. But it is an option. There are many ways to create a supplemental income and many sites to provide you with tips!
7. It will make you more confident. When you publish a blog post, it is out there for the world to see. That takes a lot of courage. And if you have a personal blog and share your life, that takes even more confidence and courage. It helps you build confidence because you realize that you have a unique view on life that is worthwhile to other.s
Do you blog? Why did you start? Let me know in the comments below!
I have been a huge fan of Etsy for a few years now. I have used it to buy Christmas gifts, birthday presents and even a few items for myself. I love the handmade and I think supporting handmade designers is amazing,
So I have round up some great Etsy fashion finds that would make amazing Christmas gifts.
Burgundy Slouchy Pom Pom Beanie from The Knitting Sea
Gemstone Necklace from oliki
Extra Large Chunky Infinity Scarf from Leda Design
Ombre Necklace from Valentinolandia
I was feeling knits and necklaces this week! I think I will do an Etsy Fashion Finds round up every week. I think it is important we support the handmade community. Plus you can find some pretty amazing pieces that you can’t find elsewhere. I mean I have never seen anything like that ombre necklace! It is stunning!
What is your favorite piece? Let me know in the comments below.
I used to live in Denver, in fact I moved back home to Southern California in January. And am I sure glad I did. Have you seen the ridiculously cold temperatures there right now? So insane. I would probably turn into an ice cube!
Living in Southern California we have the luxury of mixing summer and winter clothes to make a great outfit. Especially this time of year when it is a little chilly. So I have pulled together an outfit that mixes shorts, a long sleeve cardigan sweater and booties! To max more winterery or to keep you a little warmer just add nylons!
Cardigan: Ella Aztec Collar Tassel Cardigan in Black from BooHoo, $35 *
Top: Long Sleeve Skinny Rib Crop Top in Burgundy from TopShop, $18 *
Bottoms: Retro Distressed Denim Cutoffs in Dark Denim from Forever21, $15.80 *
Shoes: Carlos by Carlos Santana Harvest Belted Booties in Black from Macy’s, $69 *
Necklace: Michael Kors Silver-Tone & Crystal Arrow Pendant Necklace in Silver from Lord + Taylor, $115 *
Bracelet: Lauren Ralph Lauren Bangle Bracelets Set in Silver from Lord + Taylor, $32 *
Would you wear this outfit? Let me know in the comments below.
I am a huge fan of leather jackets, but since I am a girl on a budget I tend to go for faux leather jacket. And the trend I absolutely love right now is the burgundy faux leather jacket. Here are five great picks all under $125.
Max & Mia Open Front Faux Leather Jacket from Nordstrom, $99 *
Volcom Candidate Jacket from 6pm, $99.50 *
Faux Leather Crochet Jacket from Forever 21, $29.80 *
Raison D’etre Faux Leather Cropped Jacket from Neiman Marcus Last Call, $119 *
Zipped Faux Leather Moto Jacket from Forever 21, $24.80 *
Do you own a burgundy faux leather jacket? Let me know in the comments below.