November came and passed by so fast. I attempted to participate in the National Blog Posting Month challenge, and did not fully succeed. But I did post more frequently than normal which is a definite win. Here are some of my posts from my NaBloPoMo challenge!
I can’t believe how fast November went by! This year has gone by in the blink of an eye. Friday I leave for Disney World, and it feels like just yesterday we booked our trip and had months to wait. And now here it is. I am so excited. I am sure I will have a few posts to share when I get back!
Let’s take a look at how I did with my November goals!
1. Post everyday this month. I did not accomplish this, I only posted 15 times which was half of the time. Taking a look at my past posts, I realized this was my most frequent month since January when I launched this blog. And it is more consistent than the two months previous which only had like three posts each. So I am making progress and that is a definite win!
2. Network with other bloggers. Did not accomplish this one at all. Funny thing is this is the one I was most looking forward to. I did attend one blogger event but did not do any follow up with the lovely bloggers I met there. Networking is something I need to work on.
3. Start a design shop. I have started, I just need to launch it. It will be a design shop plus blog that features help on design, coding and even some freebies. I plan to launch it by the end of the year.
1. Launch Blog Me Lovely! So the design shop/blog I was talking about above is called Blog Me Lovely. I am so excited to share it with you. It has been something that I have been planning for months and I am finally pushing through all my procrastination! I plan to do a weekly or monthly share of posts from there on here so you don’t miss out! Just haven’t decided how often I will post there!
2. Network with other bloggers. I want to comment on at least 5 other blogs a day and interact with at least 5 bloggers on social media whether it is Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
3. Post more regularly. So I say this every month but I want to post more frequently. I am going to strive for 20 posts this month. That is more than November and would be a record for the blog.
What are your goals for December? Share in the comments below!
I have added a Holiday Sales 2014 tab to the menu. I will list current sales going on this holiday season. The page will be updated regularly. I will also do a post when new sales have been added to the list, to help make you holiday shopping a bit more manageable!
I have had several attempts at blogging since the end of 2010. But none of them ever seem to stick. I would get really good and blog regularly but at one point I kind of just fell off the face of the earth. Whether I thought of a better name or I wanted to go in a new direction, nothing ever seemed good enough. Nothing ever seemed like a good fit.
So I relaunched Peace Love Sequins at the beginning of this year with the intention of becoming a successful blogger. Now success means different things to different people, so here is what I consider a success. I want to brush up on my coding skills and code my own layout (Completed, even though a few things need fixing), I want to create my own online shop to go with my blog, I want to make new connections (I am generally a shy person, it seems a little easier online), I want to be a contributing part of the blogging community, and I would love to have a supplementary income (whether it comes from sponsors, an online shop or freelancing design or social media services).
I think all of those are pretty reasonable goals, but here is the thing. Once again I have not put in the work to make that happen. I had the perfect time too, when I was out of a job for two months. Funny thing is, those two months were probably my quietest months this year! Strange how that works out.
So this November I committed to National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo). It started off pretty good, but then my efforts started to slip. So this is what I realized, I need to get back to why I started blogging in the first place.
I originally started blogging back in 2010 because I wanted a way to get my voice out there. I wanted a creative outlet , I wanted the opportunity to learn skills that weren’t being taught in school and have the opportunity to build my resume,and ultimately I wanted to connect with people who share my passions, who share the craziness of wanting to blog.
I plan on sharing more personal or more though thought provoking posts on this blog than in the past. I will still share awesome outfits and shopping posts, because I am a little fashion obsessed even if my wardrobe doesn’t always show that.
Here is to getting back to blogging for the right reasons! And why you should start a blog!
1.Use it as a creative outlet. Do you like to write, draw, craft, etc.? Share them online. Or just use it as a personal journal. There are many bloggers who blog to share stories about college adventures, traveling, their pets, their kids and even being a military wife. The possibilities are endless.
2. It will improve your writing. To be better at anything you must practice. Blogging is a way of putting your thoughts down on “paper”. Most don’t go in to blogging with the intention of improving their writing, but it just naturally happens. Actually, some people have creative writing blogs. I’ve even seen someone blog a “book”, one chapter each blog post.
3. You’ll meet new people. You can meet a ton of new people through blogging. People you may have never met otherwise. The great thing about blogging is it connects you with people all over the world. You may even have the chance to go to a blogger event or a blogging conference and meet the amazing people you interact with online in person! The blogging community as a whole is such a supportive and encouraging community. We all want each other to succeed.
4. It’s free. Starting on Blogger or on the hosted WordPress site is completely free. So you have nothing to lose!
5. You feel great when you receive a positive comment. When someone connects with what you write and is supportive and/or relates with you, it is such a great feeling.
6. You might be able to make extra money. Not everyone makes money blogger, and in fact not everyone wants to make money from their blog. But it is an option. There are many ways to create a supplemental income and many sites to provide you with tips!
7. It will make you more confident. When you publish a blog post, it is out there for the world to see. That takes a lot of courage. And if you have a personal blog and share your life, that takes even more confidence and courage. It helps you build confidence because you realize that you have a unique view on life that is worthwhile to other.s
Do you blog? Why did you start? Let me know in the comments below!