Last year I chose to live by the word Brave. I think I did okay with that, I even wrote a reflection post.
While last year I needed to be BRAVE to make some major life changes, this year I need to buckle down and ACHIEVE my goals.
Achieve is defined as to reach or attain by effort, skill or courage.
I have so many things I want to achieve this year, take a look at my goals for 2015. I feel it will take effort, skill AND courage to reach my goals this year.
What is your word for 2015? Let me know in the comments below.
I learned so much in 2014. It was a year full of major changes and I am very grateful for that.
I learned it is okay to put yourself first – I started the year by asking for a divorce. Then after working a new job in the field I wanted for three months I quit. I can only take so much. I had to put myself and my well being first. Some may think it is selfish, I think it is absolutely necessary. My health depends on it. When I don’t take the time to put myself first I get overwhelmed and stressed, and I can make myself sick. When I put myself first and take time for myself to recharge I am much happier and a much better person to be around.
I learned it is okay to say no – Sometimes I take on too much because I have an issue with saying no. I don’t want to disappoint anyone, I want to make everyone happy. But stretching myself too thin is of no good to anyone. I need to work on this one, because while I have come to realize it is true I still have trouble putting it to practice. I need to start standing up for myself when I need alone time or time to recharge.
I learned the only one limiting my success is myself – I am a huge procrastinator. I am afraid of success as much as failure. I am afraid of the time it will take to achieve my goals will interfere with my relationships. I am afraid that not only will I but others will think less of me if I fail. These are some of the reasons I procrastinate. These are fears I need to overcome in order to achieve my goals. I have wasted precious time sitting around doing nothing rather than working to make myself better. I am the only one standing in my way. Year 2015 is the year I make an effort to get out of my own way.
What did you learn in 2014? Let me know in the comments below!
I still can’t believe that it is already 2015, and the fact that January is half over amazes me. Last year was a life changing year for me, so many things changed. So many things got better. But there were still many things that I did not accomplish that I wanted to. I want 2015 to be the year that I stop procrastinating and actually follow through.
I have many different goals this year ranging from personal to career goals.
1. Move out – I have been fortunate enough to live with family this past year, but I want to finally move out in 2015. I am in no big rush because I want to be in a good state financially.
2. Take more “family” pictures – I want more pictures of me with my boyfriend, family and friends.
3. Take Max and Rocky to the vet for a check-up and shots – We have been in California for a year now and I have yet to take them to the vet. And it is really bad that I don’t even remember the last time. They are my babies and I want to make sure they are healthy.
1. Pay off my credit cards – This is a Top Three goal for me this year. I am hoping to get this achieved by the time I move out. I not only want to pay them off but keep them off.
2. Lower my student loans by 25% – I want to make as much progress towards paying off my student loans as possible. I figure as soon as my credit card debt is eliminated, I can put more on my loans.
3. Have three months pay in savings – I want to make sure that I have money put aside in case of an emergency.
4. Start saving for retirement – I am happy to say that this is started through my work. It should start coming out of my next paycheck. I want to start saving now while I am still young.
1. Earn a raise at work – I am very happy with my job and I would love to grow within the company.
2. Launch Blog Me Lovely – I have been talking about this since July I think, that is WAY WAY WAY too long. I have set a date in my new Whitney English planner and hope I stick to my schedule.
3. Create a supplementary income online – I really want to pay off all my debts (credit cards and student loans) and a way I can make that happen sooner is if I can make a supplementary income. I am not sure if it will be through blogging, an online shop, or something different, but I need to try. This is another Top Three goal.
1. Practice random acts of kindness – Right before Christmas I was in the drive thru for Del Taco and when I got up to the window they informed me that my order had been paid for and the person ahead said “Happy Holidays!” It made me feel really good and I would love to do things like that throughout the year.
2. Take up yoga
3. Be less judgmental of others and myself – I am very hard on myself and I need to learn to be less judgmental. I can’t prevent others from judging me but I can work on not judging myself.
1. Set and go to my yearly doctors appointments – I want to get these done by the end of March.
2. Live a more healthy lifestyle – I really want to start being healthier overall this year. I want to exercise regularly, take my vitamins, drink more water and just eat healthier. I need to start taking care of myself and my body. This is my last Top Three goal for the year.
What are your goals this year? Let me know in the comments below. Leave a link to your 2015 Goals post, I would love to check it out!
Last year I choose Brave as my word to live by. I did not follow it as much as I should have, but I was definitely brave in a few aspects of my life.
I was brave when I asked for a divorce. It was a decision I had been wrestling with for quite some time. When the thought first crossed my mind, I dismissed it as me just being stressed and jumping to an unnecessary conclusion. However, the more I thought about it, talked to friends and some family, and just let myself be honest with myself, I realized that it was not a phase. I was not jumping to an unnecessary conclusion. I was truly unhappy and I needed to do something about it.
Some may think it selfish of me to put myself first for once, and that is okay. It was a decision I had to make for myself.
I was terrified though. I was terrified what the rest of my family would think, what others would think in general, where I would live, where I would work since I was moving back to California, and a very small part of me was scared I might regret the decision later. Even with those fears, I have to be brave and just take the leap
It was difficult but it was one of the best decisions I made for myself.
I was brave when I quite my job without having another one. Some may say it was stupid, and really in some respects it was. Luckily I was in a place where I had no rent to pay and very little bills, otherwise I would not have been so hasty.
I was thrilled when I got the job. I thought I finally had my start in the fashion industry as a design assistant. The job did not turn out to be anything I wanted. In fact, it was a dead end. A place where people’s dreams go to die. I was driving three hours a day to be miserable in a job where my talents were being wasted, where I wasn’t learning anything, where I basically had nothing to do ever. It was physically and mentally making me sick, so I just quit.
It was brave but also a little stupid to just quit my job without another one lined up. But it too turned out to be one of the best decisions I made this year. I ended up being jobless for two months before I got hired as a temp. After temping for three weeks, I was offered a full time position in Marketing. I could not have been more thrilled. I loved going to work everyday, I was doing work more along the lines of what I wanted even though it was not in the field I wanted, and I really enjoyed the people I was working with. I still wake up loving my job and knowing how grateful I am for it everyday.
And finally I was brave when I let love back in my life. This one was a little hard for me. I didn’t think I was ready and I was definitely not looking for it. I was enjoying my time to myself and was rediscovering some of my passions. But I reconnected with someone from my past, and have never looked back.
I am happier than I have ever been, it is to the point that others are noticing. I am with someone who challenges me and supports me, someone I can grow with.
It was brave to let love in again and risk getting hurt. Out of everything this was the best thing I did all year long.
I guess there is one more thing I can do to be brave before I choose my word for 2015. I have kept this blog a secret from family, friends and even my other half. I was unsure if I was going to continue with this blog, but since I have decided that I am not ready to let it go I think it is time to share. I am not ready to go Facebook official public but I think it is okay to let the ones know about it.
If you are a blogger, were you afraid to let others know about your blog? Let me know in the comments below!
Have you heard of the Whitney English Day Designer?
It is a strategic planner and daily agenda for living a well-designed life. Basically it is a daily planner that helps you design your day.
What makes this planner different, is all of the life planning and goal setting worksheets. The worksheets help you take a look at your big dreams, your purpose, values, passions and strengths. The Day Designer helps you put it all together all on one great visual page.
For the goal settings out there, there is a yearly goal setting worksheet that helps you break your goals down. As well as a great page to help you make the goals measurable and help you figure out where to start.
The planner is broken into months. Each month has its own tab that is made out of a card stock material with plenty of space for notes. Then a month at a glance calendar is provided before each of your daily pages.
Daily pages have so much to offer with a schedule, to-do list, top three daily goals, a daily download section, plus much more.
Have you tried the Whitney English Day Designer? Let me know in the comments below.