Blogging can feel like a full time job at times, especially when you are actively trying to grow it so it CAN become your full time job. Well, if you are like me then you actually have a full time job (or go to school full time) in additional to blogging. It can get overwhelming at times and that is when you need to take a break. So today I want to share with you my tips for taking a nice and relaxing break from blogging so you come back feeling refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Tips for a (Much Needed) Blogging Break
- Turn off your computer – This is a big one. I spent some time off of my computer. It was weird but a nice break. I know that whenever I am on my computer, I always end up doing something related to blogging. So turning it off and putting it away was the best strategy for me.
- Read a fiction book – I love to read, but lately I have been reading business, blogging or design books. So I chose a fiction book to completely take my mind off of it. I ended up reading The Maze Runner. I know I am late to the game, but I LOVED this book. I want to watch the movie now but it is not on Netflix or on Dish. I guess I will just have to buy it.
- Light some candles and take a bubble bath – I love taking a bath when I am stressed. I love to add bath salts for added relief. My favorite is the Village Naturals Therapy Stress and Tension Mineral Bath Soak. It is a product that I have bought over and over again and even asked for it as a stocking stuffer!
- Go to bed early and sleep in – I know I tend to put in work on my blog even when I am beyond exhausted from a hard days work. Taking time off to catch up on and get enough sleep is crucial. I feel so refreshed and well rested.
- Do another hobby – I bought a cute kit to make a felt fox friend. It is totally geared for young girls who love American Girl but I love foxes and thought it was adorable. It had been sitting in my room for about a month but I took the time and did the craft. It was a nice change of pace and I enjoyed creating my own little fox friend.
Blogging can be such a joy and a wonderful hobby (or side hustle) but that doesn’t mean it can’t get overwhelming at times. When it does, there is no shame in taking a blogging break! In fact, it can help you get your groove back and help revive your love for blogging.
Have you taken a blogging break? What are your tips?