It felt good to get back to blogging this past month. I was unsure about how my traffic would be after pretty much a month off. While there are things more important than just the number of pageviews, I think it is a good indicator of if my marketing efforts are working. So today I am going to take a look at my traffic report for April. The percentage changes are based on February traffic rather than March because of my month off.
Sessions – 1,803 (-12.81%)
Users – 1,378 (-15.36%)
Pageviews – 2,027 (-10.94%)
Pages / Session – 1.12 (+1.82%)
Bounce Rate – 90.79% (-1.81%)
% New Sessions – 74.27% (+0.26%)
Organic Search Traffic – 1.9% (-5%)
Social Media Statistics
Bloglovin – 981 followers (+13 / +1.24%)
Facebook – 322 likes (+15 / +4.89%)
Twitter – 1,019 followers (+32 / +3.24%)
Pinterest – 570 followers (+11 / +1.97%)
Instagram – 211 followers (+18 / +9.33%)
Google+ – 69 followers (+11 / +18.97%) | 2,967 views
Top Five Posts
April Goals Check-in
- Increase pageviews by 10% – My pageviews actually dropped by 10% but after taking a month off I consider that a success. I thought they were going to drop drastically.
- Increase pages / session to 1.5 – Didn’t quite reach this but it still went up!
- Increase organic search traffic to 5% – It dropped a little but I am not surprised. While I have a long list of SEO tasks I want to do I still have not started. I may need to re-audit my site as I have added quite a few posts since then.
- Increase followers on Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter by 10% – I pretty much accomplished this for Instagram which I am happy about because I broke the 200 follower mark! I did not make this goal for Twitter or Pinterest. However, I did break the 1,000 follower mark for Twitter! So I am still really happy with this progress.
- Post at least two times a week – I made this on some weeks but not on others. I created nine posts, so only three posts shy of my goal. I do great when I plan in advance and schedule posts. I want to keep that up.
What I Learned in April
- Bring active and using the right keywords on Instagram help drastically. I am working on a list of hashtags to use. It is getting quite large but I expect it to help grow my following and engage with the right people.
- I don’t have to post everyday to get steady traffic but I should be posting at least once a week preferably more.
- Pageviews aren’t what make me feel great about my blog. Getting comments and interacting with readers and fellow bloggers is what does. However, if I want to make an income off of my blog I need to treat it as a business and set and reach (even exceed) goals. No one tells a business to not worry too much about the numbers because numbers let you evaluate your efforts and make informed decisions.
Goals for May
I have decided to be conservative again this month because I really want to work on Blog Me Lovely this month. I realized that I was paralyzed with how much I wanted to get done and ended up nothing accomplishing anything. In fact, it even leaked into my work on Peace Love Sequins. I mean I took an entire month off! So I am relaunching Blog Me Lovely on May 31st even if I don’t get everything I want done. I just need to start!
- Increase pageviews by 10%
- Increase organic search traffic to 5%
- Increase followers on Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter by 10%
- Post at least two times a week
View Past Traffic Reports
- February Traffic Report – 2016
- January Traffic Report – 2016
- December Traffic Report – 2015
- November Traffic Report – 2015
Did you meet or exceed your blog traffic this month?