Why Should I Have A Pinterest Business Account As A Blogger/Business Woman?
- You can verify that you own your website and a verified checkmark will show up on your profile
- Your complete URL will show instead of just an icon
Why Should I Keep Both A Personal and Business Account?
- There may be some things you would like to pin that do not fit with your business so you would want a separate personal account
- You can make your personal account a contributor on certain boards or all boards on your business account so you do not have to switch back and forth between accounts when pinning. You can pin on contributor boards from personal account and it will show on your business account!
How To Create A Pinterest Business Account
1. Go to business.pinterest.com to see the landing page for Pinterest for Business. You have the option to convert your existing account or join as a business. I am going to show you how to join as a business first.
2. This is the form you have to fill out to get started. The first thing you must do is choose a business type. There is no pro or con to choosing any type, just choose the one that makes the most sense. I chose Professional because I am a blogger.
3. The Contact Name section of the form is the name of the person managing the account. It does not show up publicly. If you already have a personal Pinterest account you will need to chose a different email address since you can only have one Pinterest account associated with an email address.
4. Be sure to fill out your profile. This will show up publicly. Also add you website/blog link. You will have a chance to verify it later. The last part of the form is their Terms of Service. Read, click Accept Terms, and then Create Account.
5. This will be the landing page you get after you create your account. Click verify your website and then follow the instruction. Follow the other steps as well or dismiss them. Once you either finish or dismiss them the Get Started tab will no longer appear.
6. The images above show the difference between a personal account and a business account. With a personal account you only get the little globe linked to your site, whereas a business account you have the full link that is clickable! Also see the checkmark? That will show up after you have verified your website. (Oh and if you haven’t checked out Star Candy Boutique, you totally should. Such cute stuff!)
7. Once you have completed the Get Started tasks you need to go to your settings. Up on the right hand corner there is a drop down menu, click Settings. Scroll down to the bottom and you will see the Search Privacy option. Be sure that it is off. If you click on, then your Pinterest profile will not show up in search engines. You do not want this. I mean it is your business and you want it to show up. For Social Networks connect the ones you would like. However if they are already connected to your personal account you will be unable to connect them to your business account.
NOTE: I have my business account connected with Twitter since my twitter is associated only with my blog. My Facebook is connected with my personal Pinterest account since my Facebook is used for personal reasons.
NOTE: The steps to convert are exactly the same. You just click Convert on the Pinterest for Business landing page, sign in and then follow the same prompts. The only change is a few fields will be filled out based on information you have already provided.
8. So now that you have a business account, are you interested in connecting it to your personal account? Now it is not as easy as Facebook since you do need to completely separate accounts. But there is a way that you can pin to your business boards from your personal account.
You need to be signed in as your business account. Then go to a board you want to share with your personal account. Once on the board click the Edit Board button.
9. Once on the Edit Board scroll down to the “Who Can Pin?” section. Type in the name associated with your personal account. You must follow your personal account to do this though. Click your personal account to send an invite.
10. You will know the invite sent if it looks like above. Now once the invite is sent you need to sign out of your business account and sign on to your personal account.
11. When you log on to your Personal account this is what you will see in the left hand corner right above Friends to Follow recommendations. You will want to click accept.
12. Then when you go to see your boards, the business board should be added to your personal boards and there should be an icon that means it is a shared board. This is a plus because the board is not only shown on your business account but on your personal account as well. So if you are linking pins to your website/blog then you have two audiences seeing it.
13. Finally you should click the board. Then you will see that an icon for your personal account and for your business account will appear. This is great because everyone who visits the board can click on your profile and you way get more followers to your business page.
I hoped that helped! If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will help you the best I can!