I can’t believe we are almost 4 months into the year already. It is crazy how fast this year is going by. After seeing a couple bloggers do a check-in on their goals, I thought it was perfect timing for me to do so as well. So today, I am checking in on my 2016 blogging goals.
- Post consistently – I planned on posting 3-4 times a week. I ended up taking pretty much the whole month of March off and part of February. I am happy to say that I am back to posting consistently. I plan on keeping it up.
- Respond to all comments within 72 hours – During my time off I wasn’t really paying attention to this, but now that I am back I have been responding to comments in 72 hours or less. In fact, I responded to some comments before I even started this post.
- Create a branding guide – I have created a consistent blog image template for my blog. I am also starting to get a consistent post format. I want to make a few more tweaks though once I start implementing the SEO changes.
- Increase my traffic – My traffic took a major dive in March because I wasn’t posting. I even decided not to post a March Traffic Report. However, my overall traffic is on the rise. January had the most monthly traffic since I started blogging. I am hoping to continue with this type of traffic.
- Implement SEO changes – I have not done any of these changes. I have actually debated redoing the audit. But I think I will implement the changes and then do the audit again. That is what I was planning to do anyways. My new goal is to be done with this by the end of May.
- Grow all social media channels to 3,000+ followers – I am not gaining as much traction in this area as I was hoping. I have been doing a lot of research and have some new tactics to try.
- Start a series on my blog – Still have not decided on a theme yet.
- Start an email newsletter – Have not been actively growing this yet but I plan on it being a monthly newsletter.
- Branch out and take my own photos – I need to make time to take my camera out. I would love to do this.
- Clean up the media library – I have not started this but I will be doing this while I work on the SEO audit.
Considering I took a month and a half off from blogging, I think I am making pretty good progress. I can’t wait to see what will happen by the end of the year. I want to do a check-in each quarter to see my progress. You can expect the next one in June, September and finally December.
Oh, I will also be checking in on my personal goals later this week!
How are your 2016 goals coming along?