Yesterday I shared my 2016 goals, and today I am going to share my 2016 blogging goals. I’ve been blogging since 2010 I believe – Peace Love Sequins since sometime in 2011 – and I have never set clear goals. You can see remnants of old posts dating back to mid 2012 on this blog, although I have cleaned up or deleted most of them. I wanted a clean slate and plan on using 2016 to really grow my blog.
2016 Blogging Goals
- Post consistently – I plan to post 3-4 times a week. This will allow me to work on my writing, I have done this in the past and that is when I really saw growth on the blog. I want to get that back, plus I enjoy writing.
- Respond to all comments within 72 hours – As I mentioned in my Promise to my Readers post, I want to be more proactive about responding to comments. Sometimes comments start stacking up and I feel overwhelmed. I have started a new routine when it comes to responding to comments and I think it is working quite well.
- Create a branding guide – I have been experimenting a little with the graphics I use on this blog, I want to decide on a consistent format for all images, blog post formats, etc. It will help create a consistent branding for my blog. I am happy with the design of my website for now, I just need to make a few minor changes.
- Increase my traffic – I mentioned traffic goals for the month of December in my November Traffic Report. I will continue those posts, but I want to use them to help me accomplish an even larger traffic goal for the year. I would love to reach 25,000 month pageviews by the end of the year. It is an ambitious goal but I feel like shooting for the stars!
- Implement SEO changes – I performed an SEO audit on my blog and came up with a TON of changes that can be made to help with my SEO efforts. I want to start with the recommendations I believe will have the most impact and slowly work through the list. I am hoping to get through them all by the end of March. I do have a lot of posts to optimize in addition to the blog as a whole.
- Grow all social media channels to 3,000+ followers – I am about a third of the way there on Bloglovin’ and Twitter, the other channels need a lot of work. I am really hoping to grow my Pinterest following. I think with updating images and going back and pinning old posts it will help grow my account as well as pageviews on my blog. I would also like to grow Google+, Facebook and Instagram as well.
- Start a series on my blog – I have started a Debt Free by Thirty series that I plan on continuing but I also want to create another series, I just need to decide on a topic.
- Start an email newsletter – I have a sign up form on my sidebar but I have not actively tried to grow this. I am thinking it would be easy to start with a monthly newsletter and possible move to bi-monthly towards the end of the year.
- Branch out and take my own photos – I have a Canon T3i Rebel DSLR and I love it. I took photography classes in college and have numerous books. I would love to grow that skill and incorporate it into the blog.
- Clean up the media library – I have some old images in the media library from blog posts that I have deleted. I want to delete these since they are no longer necessary. I also want to create new images for old blog posts.
What are your 2016 blogging goals?