Last week I checked in on my 2016 blogging goals, today I want to check-in on my overall 2016 goals. I am still in awe at how fast this year is going by. April is coming to an end and on Sunday we are already in May! So crazy. I am excited to say that I will be traveling next week for work. I don’t travel much in my position so it will be nice to see a change of scenery for a few days.
- Live a healthier lifestyle – I have been making some progress on this goal. I have been eating better overall and cooking more at home, severely cutting down on fast food (it’s gross I know!), drinking more water (water with lemon and lime or water with raspberries, strawberries, lemon and mint are my favorites), and I was walking on both of my breaks at work. I ended up having a bunch of doctor’s appointment and it messed up my schedule and I totally forgot to do it, but I plan on creating calendar reminders (so no more “I forgot” excuses) and starting this up again. I do want to start getting in an actual workout too. I have so many fitness DVDs I just need to use them. I think yoga or strength training would be a good fit for me.
- Move out – I am still living with my grandparents. However, my boyfriend and I have decided that we are moving out in September. We have slowly started doing some research for apartments and will probably start looking at some in the summer.
- Take more pictures with my boyfriend – No progress on this one. But checking in on my goals is serving as a great reminder!
- Become Google Analytics Certified – I have not started this though it is still something I really want to finish. I think it would be fantastic for work.
- Become OMCP certified – I have been debating about this one. Do I really need to be certified? My window for taking the test has passed and I would need to spend money to take the classes all over again plus the money for the exam. I don’t have $3,000 just sitting around for this. I think I am going to remove this from the list as it does not serve the rest of my goals.
- Complete my Skillcrush Freelance WordPress Developer Blueprint – I took a break from this. I am so close to finishing. I plan to come back in full force this upcoming month and finish the course.
- Pay off credit cards – I have been making progress. Not as much as I wanted as I have had unexpected doctor appointments and tests and then so has my little Maximus. All those appointments and tests sure are adding up. But it is debt in order to make us both healthier, rather than just spending carelessly on things I don’t need. So I am okay with it.
- Pay down my student loans by 30 percent – I have been making steady progress on this.
- Be financially stable – I am moving in the right direction. I do want to have more money saved up and pay down my debt a little more before I move out. I have been cutting out recurring payments that I no longer need, use or totally forgot I had. I have also created a budget so I know how much I can afford when I move out.
- Earn a raise at work – I am happy to say that this has been completed! I earned a 5.6% raise at work.
- Grow Peace Love Sequins – I took a month break and my numbers did take a hit, but I am back on track and look forward to continual growth this year.
- Relaunch Blog Me Lovely – I am behind on this one. I have so many things that I want to do that I think I overwhelmed myself and I just froze. I am breaking down my goals and what needs to get done and will be working in manageable chunks so I can launch by May 31st. I am excited on what’s to come.
- Create a supplementary income online – Have not started this yet. This will come with Blog Me Lovely and with the growth of Peace Love Sequins. I have not been working my Chloe and Isabel business that much if at all. I do love the jewelry but it is so much to keep up with. New collections are launching every month it feels like and I am not going to keep updating my collection when my sales this year are slim to none. I do want to post more about it on the blog, but I want to include pieces I feel fit round ups I am doing anyways. There will be some Chloe and Isabel only posts, but I want this blog to be more than that.
How are you progressing on your goals? Have you been in a situation where you just froze like I have on the relaunch of Blog Me Lovely?