Last month just flew by. Actually, last year just flew by. I am excited to see how my blog did traffic-wise. I did not put as much effort as I originally planned, but I know I finished off the month/year strong. I plan on doing a 2015 Traffic Report, but today I am going to focus on my December 2015 Traffic Report.
Sessions – 635 (-7.84%)
Users – 441 (-17.42%)
Pageviews – 1,063 (-1.48%)
Pages / Session – 1.67 (+6.37%)
Bounce Rate – 51.81% (-38.87%)
% New Sessions – 65.98% (-11.90%)
Organic Search Traffic – 11.50%
Social Media Statistics
Bloglovin – 957 followers (+0.84%)
Facebook – 292 likes (-0.68%)
Twitter – 947 followers (-0.63%)
Pinterest – 519 followers (+0.58%)
Instagram – 177 followers (+4.73%)
Google+ – 36 followers (+2.86%)
December Goals Check-In
- Reach 2,000 pageviews – Unfortunately I came no where near this goal. I actually went down almost 1.5% in pageviews. I contribute this to not posting much throughout the month. I had a great ending to the month, but I know I could have reached it if I posted and interacted with the blogging community consistently throughout the month.
- Increase pages / session to 2.5 – I did not make this goal either, however I did see over a 6% increase so I am doing something right. I will continue to work on this.
- Lower bounce rate drastically – SUCCESS! I lowered my bounce rate by almost 40%! I need to keep this up. This means that I am getting more qualified traffic and also putting out more engaging content.
- Increase followers on each social platform by 50 – This was a major fail. I put barely any effort into this one. I have both Buffer and Hootsuite so I am going to come up with a plan of attack this month. I need to put these great resources to work for me.
Goals for January
- Reach 2,000 pageviews
- Increase pages / session to 2.5
- Increase organic search traffic to 20%
- Increase followers on Instagram and Pinterest by 100
- Increase followers on Bloglovin, Facebook and Twitter by 50
- Increase followers on Google+ by 15
View Past Traffic Reports
- November Traffic Report – 2015
Do track and create goals for your blog traffic?