This year just seems to be flying by. I have not been as active in the blogging community as I wanted to be. I have felt a little guilty about it because my numbers reflect that. But I have to come to realize that there is no reason to feel guilty. Blogging is a hobby of mine right now, and while I want to turn it into a full time career it is okay if I have days (or even weeks) where I need to step back, relax and recuperate.
I have a full time job, volunteer once a week for a website, starting to volunteer for an additional website, finishing my Skillcrush Blueprint, and taking the Be Booked Out course on top of trying to blog consistently at Peace Love Sequins and relaunch Blog Me Lovely. Sometimes binge watching Gilmore Girls is just what I need. Even though I wasn’t as active through February, pageviews stayed pretty stable and I did experience a little growth in social media. Find out how my numbers stacked up in my February 2016 traffic report!
Sessions – 2,068 (-3.27%)
Users – 1,628 (-15.34%)
Pageviews – 2,276 (-15.89%)
Pages / Session – 1.10 (-13.39%)
Bounce Rate – 92.46% (+10.68%)
% New Sessions – 74.08% (-14.80%)
Organic Search Traffic – 2% (-37.50%)
Social Media Statistics
Bloglovin – 968 followers (+1 / +0.10%)
Facebook – 307 likes (+6 / +1.99%)
Twitter – 987 followers (+34 / +3.57%)
Pinterest – 559 followers (+35 / +6.68%)
Instagram – 193 followers (-4 / -2.03%)
Google+ – 58 followers (+6 / +11.54%)
Top Five Posts
February Goals Check-In
- Reach 3,500 pageviews – Did not come close to this one, I even decreased a bit in pageviews from January. I am still proud that I pretty much maintained my traffic numbers. It is still a big jump from my monthly 2015 numbers.
- Increase pages / session to 2.0 – This dropped a little bit this month and I did not meet this goal. That is okay though, I am still going to strive make this one higher.
- Increase organic search traffic to 10% – Organic search traffic dropped again this month. I am not surprised though, I have not been implementing any of my SEO strategies. Going to put an effort to work on this in March.
- Increase followers on Pinterest and Instagram by 100 – I am actually surprised by the results on this one. My Pinterest numbers grew by 35 followers but my Instagram numbers actually dropped by 4. My Instagram account following has been all over the place lately. At one point in the month I was slightly over 200 followers. I attribute this to programs and people that automatically follow you and then unfollow you if you do not reciprocate. I am happy with my Pinterest growth but know I can do even more this month.
- Post three times a week – No where neat this and that is totally okay. Blogging is my hobby right now, not my job. I am not going to stress about it because then blogging is no longer something I want to.
What I Learned in February
- StumbleUpon is a great traffic generator but the traffic tends to have an extremely high bounce rate and is not qualified. I am still going to use the platform for now because a post might got “viral” on that platform but I think most of my effort is better off in places such as Pinterest or Twitter. I know such a different story from last month where I said StumbleUpon was a game changer. If traffic (any traffic) is what you are looking for than StumbleUpon is great for that, but if you are looking for qualified and engaged traffic I don’t think it is the right place to find it.
- Blogging breaks are needed and that is totally okay. I posted on how to take a (much needed) blogging break this month. I focused more on how to enjoy your blogging break, I am planning on a follow up post or two for how to actually prepare for one.
- Social media numbers go up and down. It is a constant flow. Some people just follow you hoping to get a follow back, and when the don’t (or even if they do) they unfollow you. They are just focused on growing their numbers, they do not care who their followers are just that they have a lot of them. There are actually many apps that will do this for people as well. So if you notice your numbers increasing then dropping (especially on Instagram) this could be the cause.
- Even a little time on Twitter can grow your followers. I was not focused on growing my Twitter following this month, but it experienced quite a bit of growth. I wasn’t even on everyday and when I was on it was for 10-15 minutes at a time. That is it!
Goals for March
I have decided to go a bit conservative with my March goals as I am planning for the relaunch of Blog Me Lovely. I still think these are attainable and can’t wait to see my progress at the end of the month.
- Increase pageviews by 10%
- Increase pages / session to 1.5
- Increase organic search traffic to 5%
- Increase followers on Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter by 10%
- Post at least two times a week
View Past Traffic Reports
Did you meet or exceed your blog traffic goals this month?