Can you believe it is already February 1st? That means I’m here to share my January 2016 Traffic Report. I have really enjoyed doing these and watching my progress. It is helping me get great content for when I relaunch Blog Me Lovely. I have been working on a new logo and blog design. Hoping to come back strong in March!Oh if you haven’t already taken my reader survey, it would mean the world to me if you did. I want to share the results this weekend.
Sessions – 2,138 (+236.69%)
Users – 1,923 (+336.05%)
Pageviews – 2,706 (+154.56%)
Pages / Session – 1.27 (-23.95%)
Bounce Rate – 83.54% (+61.24%)
% New Sessions – 86.95% (+31.78)
Organic Search Traffic – 3.2% (-97.22%)
Social Media Statistics
Bloglovin – 967 followers (+10 / +1.04%)
Facebook – 301 likes (+9 / +3.08%)
Twitter – 953 followers (+6 / +0.63%)
Pinterest – 524 followers (+5 / +0.96%)
Instagram – 197 followers (+20 / +11.30%)
Google+ – 52 followers (+16 / +44.44%)
Top Five Posts
January Goals Check-In
- Reach 2,000 pageviews – I am happy to say that this one is accomplished! I have to thank StumbleUpon and my post Fashionable Beanies. I am still in awe at how many views just that one post got in a matter of 3 days.
- Increase pages / session to 2.5 – Unfortunately my pages / session decreased. My guess would be because of the StumbleUpon traffic. Due to the nature of the site most people don’t go to more than one page on your site. The reason I want to track this is because it shows engagement. It shows that people are viewing more than one page on my site.
- Increase organic search traffic to 20% – Major fail. I think this too has to do with all of my StumbleUpon traffic. I want to track this because I would like a pretty balanced traffic acquisition strategy – a mix of direct, referral, social and organic. That way my traffic doesn’t rely on only one source. It is safe to say that the majority of my traffic is currently through social.
- Increase followers on all social media – The only social media platform that met its goal was Google+. I successfully gained over 15 followers. The other platforms grew but only by a tiny fraction of what I wanted. It is no surprise though as I did not put in the work.
What I Learned in January
- StumbleUpon is a game changer. It has the ability to send you a bunch of traffic. But a word of caution, your bounce rate will increase drastically. That is the nature of the site. It is a site where users quickly stumble upon new content, they rarely click on more links within a piece of content and sometimes aren’t even interested in what you are offering. I still think it is a great way to grow traffic and reach.
- Blogger Groups are also game changers. I really participated in blogger groups this month. I even wrote a post on why you should join one.
- Social media numbers won’t grow if you don’t put in the work. Social media takes time you have to be patient but most importantly you need to hustle, focus on one platform at a time and really put your all into it.
- Old posts can still show up in your most popular posts. One of my top five posts is from 2014! I was so surprised, but happy to see that.
Goals for February
- Reach 3,500 pageviews
- Increase pages / session to 2.0
- Increase organic search traffic to 10%
- Increase followers on Pinterest and Instagram by 100 (I am just choosing these two to really focus on, I am not ignoring the rest but my time and effort with be put to Pinterest and Instagram)
- Post three times a week
View Past Traffic Reports
Did you meet or exceed your blog traffic goals this month?