May was an interesting month for me. I traveled for work, house sat for a week and most important made HUGE progress on my other blog, Blog Me Lovely. I did ramp up posting and promotion toward the end of the month though.
I am excited to share my May 2016 traffic report. While most numbers saw a drastic drop, I did hit one of my goals that I have been working for months on!
Sessions – 835 (-53.69%)
Users – 578 (-59.06%)
Pageviews – 1,006 (-50.37%)
Pages / Session – 1.20 (+7.14%)
Bounce Rate – 88.02% (-3.05%)
% New Sessions – 57.72% (-22.28%)
Organic Search Traffic – 5.6% (+194.74%)
Social Media Statistics for May
Bloglovin – 981 followers (0 / 0%)
Facebook – 331 likes (+9 / +2.80%)
Twitter – 1,021 followers (+2 / +0.20%)
Pinterest – 583 followers (+13 / +2.28%)
Instagram – 237 followers (+26 / +12.32%)
Google+ – 69 followers (0/ +0%)
Top Five Posts in May
Manifesting Success with Daily Affirmations
31 of the Best Gifts for Little Mermaid Fans
Little White Dresses to Stun in All Summer
Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale 2016
Beach Essentials from Chloe + Isabel
May Goals Check-in
- Increase pageviews by 10% – It is no surprise that my pageviews dropped this month. But you know what, I am totally okay with that. My focus was elsewhere. My focus was on relaunching Blog Me Lovely. And I have to say I am proud of myself for coding the entire child theme, reformatting all of my posts and creating new images for all of my posts. I am now all set and ready!
- Increase organic search traffic to 5% – Surprisingly enough I made this goal! I have not been putting as much SEO efforts as I originally planned. But I need some maintenance work and started to clean up 404 pages from when I changed my URL structure.
- Increase followers on Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter by 10% – I accomplished this for Instagram. I have bee pretty active on that platform. I have been less active on Twitter and Pinterest and that definitely shows.
- Post at least two times a week – I basically posted once a week, but once again my focus was elsewhere. I am just happy that I didn’t completely stop blogging!
What I Learned in May
- I am not sure if this is completely true or not, as I need to see how my traffic does over a couple months, but I think doing little SEO maintenance can improve your organic ranking. Definitely not as much focusing on keywords but I think it makes your site look more credible.
- I already knew this, but you have to be active on each social platform to really grow a following.
- It is okay to have other priorities than blogging, especially if they are helping you achieve your dream. While technically I took time off of one blog to work on another blog, but the other blog is going to be my business not just a hoppy.
Goals for June
I am going to be conservative this month as I work more on Blog Me Lovely. I want to get a few posts scheduled for Blog Me Lovely and work on my Free Day Week of Code Email Course. I don’t plan on completely ignoring this blog, but my attention will be split at the very least.
- Increase pageviews by 5%
- Increase organic search traffic to 6%
- Increase followers on Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter by 5%
- Post at least one time a week
View Past Traffic Reports
- April Traffic Report – 2016
- February Traffic Report – 2016
- January Traffic Report – 2016
- December Traffic Report – 2015
- November Traffic Report – 2015
Did you meet or exceed your blog traffic this month?